The (almost) full list of Costumes and Prices, 2012

Hi Guys,

   For those of you who haven't spotted it, the Costume Advert that Light Films Ltd created for me is now online, and definitely worth a look:


   I'm very happy with it. Not only is it chance to give my costumes some limelight, but it's a great little film in it's own right, and it showcases an array of talent: camera operators Tom Wadlow and Chris Newman (the latter who also edited and colour-graded the film), make-up artist Deborah Bennett (who also did the hair), and models Halo Haynes, Lozzi-Beth Godfrey, Paige Keeling & Sam Tansley.

   Although it's great to have another film 'under my belt', this film is an advert and therefore has a specific purpose - to bring me in some more costume work! So, to tempt any potential buyers who are reading this page, here is a list of my most popular costumes and their prices.

(Note: Deposits cover damage or cleaning costs. Always check with me for sizing specifics before renting one of my costumes - I once had to go to a party in a dress which I thought would fit me, and it didn't, so I wouldn't want the same to happen to you guys!)


THE "SATINE" GOWN


 Inspired by: Moulin Rouge! 2001
Seen in: The Opening Night, 2010
What you get: Fitted red satin lace-up bodice and skirt with a 'butterfly' train.
Available to rent: Size 8-10, £30 per day (plus £20 deposit)
Made to Measure: £100 plus materials.
The original dress (pictured) is currently available to buy on Etsy.



THE "MARIANNE" ENSEMBLE


Seen in: The Opening Night, 2010
What you get: boned lace-up velvet bodice with feathered shoulder detail, bustle skirt, lace-topped gold gloves, beaded choker and hat with buttons and feathers.
Available to rent: Size 8, £30 per day (plus £50 deposit)
Made-to-measure: £150 plus materials.


THE 'BELLE' GOWN


Inspired by: Disney's Beauty & the Beast, 1991.
What you get: Satin and chiffon dress featuring a boned bodice.
Available to rent: Size 8, £30 per day (plus £20 deposit)
Made to measure: £80 plus materials.
I'm also happy to make a child's version of this, with a shorter hemline, strapped shoulders and no boning.


"RED RIDING HOOD" CLOAK & GOWN


What you get: Edwardian-inspired ivory gown with boning, sheer layers, and draped lace bolero sleeves. Wine-coloured velvet cloak with black satin lining, and an organza rose trim with white faux pearls. Belt only supplied with rented costume.
Available to rent: size 6-8, £50 per day (plus £30 deposit)
Made to Measure: £150 plus materials.
Cloak and dress available to rent or buy separately - contact me for prices.


THE 'EMILY' ENSEMBLE


Inspired by: Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride, 2005
What you get: Lightly corsetted gown with a long distressed train. Dip-dye effect on the train, and a mix of hand-dyed lace layers on the bodice with a cut-out detail to reveal the wearer's robs on one side. 'Swirl' effect done by hand with fabric pen. Also includes glovelets, distressed veil with a rosey trim, and bouquet.
Available to rent: Size 8, £40 per day (plus £30 deposit)
Made to measure: £150 plus materials.


THE 'PHOENIX' COAT & BODICE


Inspired by: X-Men: the Last Stand, 2006
What you get: Wine-coloured taffetta coat, unlined for a lightweight panelled skirt which catches the breeze, and with flared organza cuffs. Lightly-boned matching bodice with front belt and lace-up back.
Available to rent: Size 8-10, £20 per day (plus £10 deposit)
Made to measure: £50 plus materials. (On request, I can also make the full costume - including trousers and top, and a more heavily-corsetted bodice. Contact me for details.)


'DORIAN' COAT & WAISTCOAT


Seen in: The Opening Night, 2010.
What you get: Black brocade coat with red taffetta lining, thick printed waistcoat and two-tone jabot.
Available to rent: Men's size small, £30 per day (plus £30 deposit)
Made to measure: £80 plus materials.


 THE 'MARIGOLD' DRESS & EARRINGS

What you get: Corsetted bodice with lace-up back and printed fabric on the pleats and collar. Skirt with fringed apron, waterfall-style chiffon bustle, and train. Square-cut matching earrings also available.
Available to rent: Size 6-8, £40 per day (plus £30 deposit)
Made to measure: £100 plus materials.



   A lot of these costumes feature vintage materials, so I cannot guarantee that reproductions will be identical, but I'll get them as close as I can. I also have lots of other random costume bits and pieces in storage, so feel free to contact me to see if I have anything specific. For example, I do have a few genuine vintage pieces which area available to rent.

   I can make also something new if you have a design in mind. This could be a variation of any of the above, or I can recreate ANY movie costume for private use. Costs for original designs are worked out depending on the project. The more challenging, the better!

  Right, I have two films that need to be ready to go within less than a fortnight, so I need to get back to work. Please get in touch with any costume questions.


Sophie x

Comments

Popular Posts