Archiving my blog posts



    I've been promising it for a little while now, but the time has come for me to finally archive all  the posts from this blog. It took me a while to go through all my various labels (I've come up with some silly ones over the years!), but hopefully they're all a bit more streamlined and easier to navigate now.

   I'm not closing the blog down - not for the time being, anyway. It is a treasure trove of memories for me (even going through it and re-labeling everything made me very nostalgic and emotional!), and I think I've shared a few useful bits of advice over the past few years, so I think it would be good to keep the posts online.

   But there are two good reasons to stop writing posts here. Firstly, this blog is another site I have to maintain, and although to begin with I thought it would be good to have multiple sites and send traffic back and forth between them, I think it would be better for my sanity if I had everything in one place. I definitely don't have as much free time as I did when I first started posting on here!

   Secondly, the branding has never quite worked for me; this site was originally called the Triskelle Pictures blog, as I post a lot about my production company and its work on here, but I do post about my work for other studios too - such as Ren - as well as in the past having blogged about my production design and costume design work. What I really need is a personal blog platform, and although I changed the name of this blog to 'The World In A Frame' a few years ago, I couldn't do anything about the URL, so that still read as 'Triskelle Pictures'.

   Anyway, the long and the short of it is, I've set up a brand new, shiny, personal website - dedicated to my work as a director, for the most part - and my blog will be hosted on there very shortly (via this link). I'm still going to talk about Triskelle Pictures and the great work my company does, both with narrative pieces and with our work for clients, but it also gives me the freedom to talk about my other work too, without any confusing branding attached to the blog page.

   So, I'll see you all on the other side. A huge thank you to everyone who has followed along and commented on my blog posts over the past decade (and a bit!). I hope you'll all come back and enjoy the future posts on my new site. I'll certainly do my best to keep the labeling a bit cleaner on there!

   And if any of you want to go back and read through my old blog posts, here's a few shortcuts:


BLOG POSTS ORGANISED BY PROJECT NAME

- A Different Place (Working Title: Room 515)

- Ashes

- Good Grief

- Growing Shadows: The Poison Ivy Fan Film

- Hidden

- Lepidopterist (Originally released as 'FIFTY/FIFTY')

- Night Owls

- Night Owls & Early Birds

- Ren: The Girl With The Mark

- Songbird

- Stop/Eject

- The Barn / Tokos

- The Dress

- The Opening Night

- Client work (e.g. branded content, commercials, promo videos)

- Music videos


BLOG POSTS ORGANISED BY PRODUCTION STAGE

- Funding (including crowdfunding)

- Scripts / Screenwriting

- Pre-Production

- Casting 

- Directing (general tips and mindset)

- Stories from the Set

- Post-Production & Editing

- Sound Design

- Music / Scores / Composing

- Film Festivals

- Marketing and Distribution


BLOG POSTS ORGANISED BY COLLABORATOR

- Aislinn De'Ath

- Charlie Clarke

- Charlotte Ball

- Christopher Newman

- Halo Haynes

- Ian Cudmore

- Jema Hewitt

- Michelle Darkin Price

- Neil Oseman

- Sarah Lamesch

- Tommy Draper

- Will J. Carman

- Will Price


ART DEPARTMENT AND RANDOM OTHER BITS!

- Costume Design

- Production Design, Props and Set Dressing

- End of the Year Reviews and Summer Updates from previous years

- Film Reviews

- Female directors - lists, shout-outs, and general celebrations of their work

- Fantasy (general blog posts about one of my favourite genres!)

- Halloween

- Personal posts & updates about my life in general


   Thank you all again. It feels a little weird to move away from this part of my life, particularly as I'm in the process of closing down my old email addresses as well (on top of using Twitter and Facebook much less than I used to!). But I look forward to continuing to share thoughts and ramblings with you all in my new online home! It's a clean slate, and sometimes we all need that.


Sophie

Comments

Popular Posts